Email marketing has been around for decades now and a lot of companies send regular communication to their databases. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of businesses making basic email marketing mistakes that are losing them customers or, even worse, their recipients are just deleting emails before even looking at them, creating an entire database of “ghost recipients”. For some, these 5 essential tips for marketing may seem super obvious. However, through our experience at Amplify Global, we’ve seldom come across a small-to-medium sized business that ticks three out of the five boxes, let alone all five.
Customers are getting savvier. In this Information Age, it’s really important to offer people the data they want, in the most succinct way possible. We could write a how-to article detailing each one of these points but in the interests of keeping things light yet informative, we’ve chosen to simply list the essentials. If you require more information on any of them, feel free to make contact with Amplify Global.
So, without further ado, here are the 5 essential tips for email marketing which aim to reduce drop-offs and improve the rate at which your company’s message is noticed.
5 Essential Tips For Email Marketing
- Always get permission before adding someone to your email marketing list.
- Encourage people to sign up to your email blasts by offering something in return. Promo codes work well here.
- Use an email system that allows you to segment recipients by their interests (preferably one that does this using AI so you’re not spending precious human hours on it).
- Personalise emails by their specific interests.
- Make your emails short and sweet and graphic-rich. No one wants to receive an essay.
These tips are seemingly quite simple but, as with a lot of things, the devil’s in the details. For more tips like this, follow Amplify Global, visit our website, amplifyglobal.com.au or sign-up for our newsletter, “Amplified Tips & News“